With a learner-inspired approach, we offer small group Forest School training, outdoor play and learning training and workshops.
Upcoming workshops 2016:
We have a series of workshops focussed around bringing the national curriculum outdoors as well as looking at well being outside. please see the list below and also look at our CPD page and ecotherapy workshops page for more detailed information.
We are offering a 10% discount when two or more workshops are booked.
Friday 26th february- Outdoor Mathematics
Saturday 5th March- WildEarthSpirit: ecotherapy and mindfulness in practise
Friday 29th April- Exploring the outdoor classroom for early years
Friday 6th May- Outdoor science
Monday 9th May- Outdoor literacy and creative writing
Friday 13th May- Woodland comprehension– gaining basic outdoor species identification skills
Friday 20th May- Outside makes us happy inside– looking at mental health issues and supporting children and young people to engage outdoors.
Some Suggested Workshops:
We can tailor a workshop to your requirements should you be considering a group booking, but please also find some suggestions below:
- The outdoors as a therapeutic environment: ecotherapy in practice
- Working with and engaging 0-5 year olds in the outdoors
- Forest school and outdoor play and learning
- Tool use and ideas for tool based projects with groups
- Campfire skills and safety
- Camp fire cooking
- Den and shelter building and safety
Forest School Taster Days
Wild Wood Activities is offering you the fantastic opportunity to come and experience the ethos behind Forest School and woodland play in a wonderful woodland setting. Suitable for anyone interested in Forest School and may be considering training, setting up a project, assisting at Forest School etc.
On a taster session, you will:
- Explore the benefits of Forest Schools through activities and discussion
- Experience the thrill of making a craft item to take away with you
- Appreciate the magic of sitting by a woodland campfire which you have helped to create
- Take away the inspiration of the outdoor classroom to use in your own practice
- Problem solve and consider how you can take Forest Schools further in your setting/organisation
Wild Wood Activities believes in developing practice, building on skills and learning new skills to keep knowledge and ...
The Level 2 Award is an assistant level award to support a Forest School Practitioner.
This award will provide you with the skills and the national qualification you need to lead
With a learner-inspired approach, we offer small group Forest School training, outdoor play and learning training as well ...